Sunday, October 09, 2005

O dvacet tři a filmu

I turned 23 yesterday. It was very low-key, especially compared to last year...although, since last year’s birthday resulted in the worst stuck-in-a-public-place hangover of my career, which I had to ride out in a corner booth at Bohemia Bagel with the long-suffering Clara, I think it may have been a little too festive.

But anyways. I went home and hung out with the ’rents, and it was just the three of us since my little sister was out of town. So we cooked dinner, drank Löwenbräu, had key lime pie instead of cake.

The cool thing, though, was this Czech movie we watched, Želary. It was...just fucking amazing. I'm not totally sure about the ending, I guess, but in general...so good. And it was respectful and even reverent about religion, which you really don’t expect from a Czech film. Man. I think I need to watch it again.

Oh yeah, and as a side benefit, they speak beautiful clear Czech for most of it, so it’s good for practicing, if that’s what you’re into.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen Zelary! It was awesome, but yeah, disappointing ending. Anyway - happy birthday!

10/10/05 23:14  
Blogger Unknown said...

You're older than you've ever been, and now you're even older... and now you're even older

Happy Birthday, babe!

12/10/05 03:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home