Thursday, December 14, 2006

More Stamina Is What I Need Up in Here

So now exams are over, and I've somewhat surfaced. It's not really that much of a relief, though -- the actual drowning has been replaced by feeble water-treading while I feel the inexorable downward pull of the NEXT crushing deadline. Or two, actually: I have a huge cite-checking assignment AND about fifty pages of heavily-footnoted text to generate before the end of Christmas break. Whee! This is so fun, y'all.

Pretty much, what I've learned so far is that (a) I suck at law school when I'm miserable (see: most of last year), and (b) I'm fucking AWFUL at it when I'm happy (see: most of this year). I mean, I still prefer happy, and things are infinitely better than last year regardless of my performance. And actually I don't think I'm doing worse, substantively speaking. But man, I'm tired of it.


Ok, in fairness, I'm operating under maybe a little sleep deficit here. And by "little," I mean "borderline hallucination-inducing." Also, I've been living on Diet Coke and cigarettes for the past two and a half weeks. So there might be a tad more Eeyore in the previous two paragraphs than the situation in fact warrants.*


Anyways. Going home today. Good times. Perhaps next time I'll actually tell a funny story or something. I doubt it will rise to the level of actual Solace and Sentence, but hey, there's always hope.



*Wait, hold on -- Eeyore's a pimp. More Eeyore is always good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home