Saturday, March 04, 2006

Late at night, with no regard for narrative structure

So, the bitter (sort of) end to another 'meh' (sort of) night on the town. It was fine, really...hung out with my law school buddies at this charity auction type of thing, and then moved on with various people to other places with no real guiding purpose until about 1:30, when I was tired enough to leave and sober enough to drive home. And so now I'm sitting at home drinking more beer and typing without regard for sentence or solace, really. Enjoy.

Earlier, before my friends called and I went out, I decided to pop in Thelma and Louise, because I knew it was a film that would not be impaired by interruption. I did in fact purchase said film; oh be quiet, it was 8 dollars at Kroger and I wanted something that was not by any stretch of the imagination Intellectual or Deep.

Well, within the first 30 minutes, I pretty much loathed Thelma, and was on the road to loathing Louise just for continuing to put up with Thelma's damsel-putting-herself-in-distress bullshit. Then my people called and I took off...the rest of the movie will no doubt be an equally bumpy ride. Oh well. It has Brad Pitt in it at some point, they say, and while this is not the draw for me that it is for some women, I am not entirely immune to his charms. Although Legends of the Fall was quite possibly the worst movie I've ever seen, on any level at all. Really, it just sucked.

In other news, my future flatmate and I have pretty much laid claim to an awesome apartment. It's in a brick building from 1928, with all the glorious impracticality that that entails. The place is like Prozac in apartment form, seriously, and I can't wait to live there. There are oak trees and magnolias on the lawn, and little shops around the corner. It has radiators. And the doorknobs are cut glass. It just could not be any more suited to me. We just found out today that they're giving it to us, so it's ended up being a damn good week, really.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I envy you your apartment.

8/3/06 02:32  

Post a Comment

<< Home