Saturday, March 25, 2006

Chronicles of Netflix: Meh

I watched a movie called In the Bedroom this afternoon. It had some good scenes and some good acting. Really good acting, in some places. But I don't think it stood up to the hype that it had when it came out. Mostly it might as well have been called White People Being Mean to Each Other. That was the defining characteristic, anyway: WASPs in Maine being terribly polite and bound-up inside. I myself was born and bred a WASP, and my conversion to the Roman persuasion has not altered my sensibilities much. But this movie was WASPy to the point that even I was looking at the screen like, for fuck's sake, people, unclench. I mean, damn.

1 Comments:

Blogger orm said...

right on. that movie was pretty painful to watch, though the acting was very, very good.

26/3/06 23:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home