Thursday, February 16, 2006

We so funny

This is an excerpt from a GoogleTalk conversation I had today with the awesome Catherine, girlfriend of my brother Troll. I can't think of a good alias for her.

ridley: so i've got a date with this czech guy saturday...
Catherine: cool, give me details! name, age, how met.
ridley: roman, 26, met on the internet.
Catherine: (gasp)
   and how do you know it's not Chester, 61, has a shotgun??

Hee.

And the answer is, well, in that case Chester speaks some damn good Czech, and language practice is really all I'm looking for. Plus, it's time we all came out of the closet about the internet dating. We all do it, we all pretend we don't, and we all judge others for doing it. So really, it's just like many other areas of life, such as nose-picking and making inappropriate romantic choices while drunk.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Couldn't you have come up with a *slightly* more attractive alias for your brother? I'm kind of relieved I didn't receive an alias--it might have turned out to be "Banshee" or something like that. (Further, I'm disturbed about what your readership might infer about me, based on the knowledge that I'm dating someone nicknamed "Troll".)

--Catherine

17/2/06 01:22  
Blogger Prophet said...

well she could have given him his real nickname, but sisters shouldn't call there brothers "so deep in the closet people always seem to mistakenly assume he can't be anything BUT heterosexual, even when he touches a guys shoulder in that way that makes you swear he is winking at him -guy." besides the fact that it is rediculously long. of course that might just be another cover for is homosexuality.

come on catherine, you do recall the scandal Troll made when he went to halloween three years ago...

27/2/06 16:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home