Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I should probably try not leaving glasses of water around at foot level

So I knocked over a glass the other day and spilled a bunch of water on my keyboard...not my actual laptop keyboard, thank the lord. No, this was the separate keyboard that I have so I can plug it in when I'm home and pretend I'm a normal person who sits at a desk with a keyboard and a mouse, instead of someone who slumps on the couch with my laptop actually on my lap. Anyway, it was lying on the floor at my feet while I was doing said couch-slumping, and I knocked over a glass of water onto it. The water glass was also on the floor, because, well, that's where I put things. Don't judge me.

Since it wasn't plugged in, I figured it was no big deal, and I just shook it off and set it aside.

There it sat until a few minute ago, when I needed to use the 10-key number pad. When I plugged it in, there were no immediate sparks or anything, and the keys seemed to work ok. But the action was kind of mushy, and -- here's the deal-breaker -- the whole thing smelled pungently of ancient wet Berkenstocks. And not in a good way. If there even is a good way for something to smell like Berks.

Bottom line, I'm pretty sure I'm out 20 bucks for a new keyboard. I could try spraying the crap out of it with lysol..but I can't imagine that would be good for all the delicate bits in there. The same goes for all the other conventional bacteria-killing methods. The little bastards are tougher than computer parts on every level, I'm pretty sure.


Well anyways. Yeah. There...there wasn't really a point. Sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home