Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Oh, it's ONE OF THOSE WEEKS, all right

Dammit to HELL.

I just opened a beer and spilled it before I'd taken the first sip. And this was my first beer of the evening, so don't look at me like that. I have to say, I've never seen a beer spilled that impressively before. I caught the neck of it with my elbow as I was turning, and it made a complete rotation before it hit the floor, where it bounced up into another half-rotation. I grabbed it, but almost all of it had already chugged out. So basically the beer was distributed onto the circumference of a vertical circle bisecting my tiny kitchen; in non-mathematical terms, that means all the fuck over the kitchen and me. It was pretty freakin' spectacular, really.

Hence, I was more bemused than irritated. Right up until I reached into the fridge and realized that that had been the last beer. Then I was right pissed off. Oh well. The Lord sends us these things every once in a while, to remind us that the Earth is not our home.

3 Comments:

Blogger elsoopermexican said...

in heaven, there is no beer-killing gravity, but spilled beer floats aloft, until some angelic lips gracefully slurp it up... in hell, all beer is either o'douls, or pabst blue ribbon....

12/1/06 03:48  
Blogger Dan said...

Wow, soopermexican just called my old apartment hell.

14/1/06 06:12  
Blogger Prophet said...

pbr is actually one of my favorite beers. what does that say about me?



and sloppy joe would have gotten down on all fours and slurped that beer up right there. The angels have their own honkytonk in heaven...

18/1/06 01:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home