Tuesday, December 06, 2005

"Empfindlich" is a German word that's translated as sensitive but actually means you're easily injured

So I'm shotgunning a Coke because I've hit the WALL on Criminal Law but THAT CAN'T HAPPEN because it's nine p.m. and I've miles to go before I sleep, if I sleep, but while I'm drinking it I have to keep my tongue glued to this one spot on the roof of my mouth because I've got pizza burn there from dinner because why can't I ever wait 2 minutes for something to cool off? And the thing is that lifting my tongue up like that means the icy and prickly beverage gets down around my bottom teeth where it's sensitive, and holy crap I am a hot-house flower if ever there was one.

Plus pizza burn always makes me think of Krakow and sitting on the Glowny Rynek on Holy Saturday and biting into a kielbasa that turned out to have the same interior temperature as the sun, and then walking around on the banks of the Vistula watching the punks with their mountain bikes and JPII's first parish on the other side of the river, all with actual weeping blisters on the roof of my mouth.

And really the only reason I'm sharing this with you is (a) it's a prime example of my wussitude, plus a chance to once again shoehorn Eastern Europe into every damn thing I write, and (b) I wanted to think about something other than MOTHERFUCKING LAW for four straight minutes.

Ok. Back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home