Friday, August 26, 2005

Written about 30 seconds before heading out to Friday Night In A College Town

You know what I just realized? I'm never going to get drunk again! Never again!

And this is not because of some new-found moderation; oh no. This is because there will never again be a night as long as I live when I don't have to fucking drive myself and others home. Never! It's just not gonna happen!

I'm not even talking about blissful reason-losing shitfaced here. I'm talking about the normal, pleasant, able-to-interact-with-near-strangers type of wasted. I'm talking a four beer buzz. This is the whole reason I never went to bars at TAC! Not because I was stony broke, although that too -- it was because I'd have to twist someone's arm behind their back to get them to drive for me!

See, in the Czech Republic...and I shouldn't even start this, I know...in fucking Bohemia, I could take public trans home. Or I could freaking walk, pretty much without fear of getting raped. Here, not so much. FRUSTRATION. How am I supposed to make friends with these pod people if I can't get my swerve on?? I ASK YOU.

Ok, gonna post this and drive off into the night, cursing my stone-cold sobriety.

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

My Mom will be horrified that I am even saying this, but...after that one time, back in freshman year, I was never the DD again. It totally sucked. And it IS kind of sad that I was in tune with the poopiness that is being the designated...at the tender age of eighteen. :) But, given the above, if I ever see you again, I will drive for you. Just to give you a break. :)

26/8/05 23:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home