Sunday, August 21, 2005

It doesn't have to be in Latin -- anything but English is fine, really

Well yes, I suppose it is true that Our Blessed Lord "took the fall for us." Nonetheless, I'd rather not hear it expressed in this way right after the Consecration. Particularly not by a pimply-faced youth wielding an electic guitar.

Also, I'm not sure what the deal is when some chick stands up after Communion and gives a twenty second "message." Is that even part of the service? All I know is, the silly bint managed to (a) pronounce the word "rigid" with a hard /g/, and (b) encourage us to work on accepting ourselves and others just as we are, because really, everyone's good inside -- after all, that's what Christ was trying to show us when he forgave Peter for his betrayal.
Yeah, ok, everyone's good inside...everyone except for me, that is, because I'm still trying to decide whether it was (a) or (b) that cheesed me off more.

But all things come to an end at some point, even ill-conceived recessionals with clumsy drum solos. After it was all over and and I'd staggered out into the Georgia evening sauna, I figured out it was a Life Teen Mass, which explains why I could feel my throat closing up the whole time. So maybe next week we'll check out the en EspaƱol options.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

Also Jesus suffered on the cross because we are all good inside. (Also I ranted about the same thing a month or so back, I called it "All Cliches & No Roman Cannon Makes Dan a Dull Boy.)

21/8/05 23:47  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you SHOULD go to a TLM just to purge yourself of the flakey one. Then you'll be okay.

23/8/05 17:33  
Blogger Prophet said...

I went to one last week. i couldn't stop laughing at the use of the mandolin to highlight everything said. ugh. but i think ill keep going. yea, and im gonna join the choir. and i'm gonna kill david haas. and i'm gonna try to introduce them to some latin. or maybe i'll just go to confession now and spare myself the near occasions of sin.

25/8/05 15:36  

Post a Comment

<< Home