Thursday, May 19, 2005

Hoooo-oomward...ah fuck this.

So I now have an actual real live plane ticket back to the US. July 1, British Airways. Prague to London, London to New York. Of course, I don't live in New York, so I still need a ticket to the ATL. But that shouldn't be very expensive.

There's only one tiny snag: the Prague to London flight lands at Gatwick, and the London-New York flight takes off from Heathrow. You have to go to baggage, get your shite, get on a shuttle bus, and ride for an hour to an hour-and-a-half across London. The minimum suggested connection time is three hours. And the actual time between when I land and when I'm supposed to take off? Three and a half hours. The three-and-a-half hours of rush hour, to be specific. I'm so not making this flight.

And to add insult to injury? The bus to Heathrow costs fifteen pounds. Fifteen fucking pounds? Do you know how many crowns that is?* JEEZ.

So the bottom line is, I may be spending that Friday night on a bench at Heathrow, or I may be spending it doing Lord-knows-what in New York. May the fates be merciful.

And the second bottom line is, someday I need to learn to read things very carefully before I buy them. Don't hold your breath on that one, though. [Taco knows this all too well. I swear I thought his train ticket had the right date on it.]

*15 GBP=670 CZK, or 18% of my average monthly income.

3 Comments:

Blogger clara said...

so, should we have the Girls' Do NYC With Dan Pierson Weekend on that weekend?

21/5/05 23:13  
Blogger The Smoker said...

Did you get it from Orbitz? I heard they were totally evil about impossible itineraries.

22/5/05 01:27  
Blogger ridley said...

Got it from Student Agency, which is a Czech travel agency. They have crazy cheap fares, even ones that have nothing to do with the Czech Republic. Especially if you're under 24. Also, they allow you to reserve a ticket online with no plastic cards whatsoever, and then go pay for it in person with your Wad O' Cash. I assume you can see what appeal this would have for me.

22/5/05 14:06  

Post a Comment

<< Home