Friday, March 18, 2005

And bathed every veyne in swich licuor...

...of which vertu engendred is the flour.

Holy shit, it's spring. There's still three feet of snow on the ground, but it's been sunny and 60 degrees for the last two days. Depressed Michael swears it's just temporary and that winter's not done with us yet, but I have trouble believing him. The birds are singing again, something that I didn't know I had missed until I heard it again. It gets light crazy early now, by which I mean ASS EARLY IN THE MORNING CONSIDERING IT WAS ST. PATRICK'S DAY YESTERDAY. Ow. Anyways.

So the spring is making me happy even though I wasn't nearly tired of winter yet. It's true, there's something in the air...I loved winter so much, snow and ice and all that shit, but still, this spring feeling is good.

The college didn't have spring. I mean, sure, it had the Ugly Dry Time and the two months of Very Green Time, but it was more like the annular fusion cycles in Infinite Jest than what you'd actually call Spring. This has been said before, I know, but seriously: it's so damn good to live in a place that has seasons. I have a lot of trouble separating my hatred of all things SoCal from my hatred for life at the college, but I'm pretty sure I would have hated the area regardless. I'm the girl with the un-California soul, to paraphrase the artist formerly known as sinnerman.

A side note on St. Patricks day: went out last night with two hundred crowns ($8) in my pocket, woke up this morning with three hundred. Score! Ok, I know what you're thinking, but I swear: I did not 'earn' that money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home