Thursday, February 03, 2005

Ok, so anzwaz, the hostel has happz hour with 1 euro beers from 6 to 8, and I partook of this, and eventuallz I realiyed that I had totallz omitted to have dinner, at all. And since I got up at 0530 this morning and have been on buses and trains ever since, this was a situation that needed to be remedied. Remedied in an alreadz rather sloshed manner, what with the happz hour and all.
So I ventured forth on the streets of Altstadt Muenchen, in search of the almightz Kebab. The kebab is not, as zou might think, a skewer with shite thereon. It is a varietz of things, in fact, but most properlz it is something like a Turkish burrito...of YUMMY!! Yeah, Jedno and Clara know what the fuck I'm talking about.

So. Having secured the Kebab, and also a beer, I sit down to enjoz both of these. Whereupon this old German guz greets me, wishes me happz Fasching (German Mardi Gras) and strikes up a conversation. Anzwaz, we had this whole long talk, wherein he basicallz told me the storz of his life...mostlz it was about the fact that he had had an older brother who had only lived one day, and it was only because this brother died that the guy himself was born. Also, that he and his brother were both out of wedlock, which I believe was not too common in Germany 50 years ago or so... and he kept saying how much he loved Oktoberfest, and then he told me how his only memory of his father (who was married with children to some other lady in Stuttgart) was of riding on his daddy's shoulders at Oktoberfest when he was very small. Which...just...holy shit.

It was so nice to be able to speak German to him, though. I could understand everything he said, which is so the opposite of my life in the Czech Republic, even though I wasn't quite so hot at actually speaking German...



Anzwaz, also involved in the conversation was an Italian alleged whore, alleged because she reallz didnät seem Dressed For Work if zou know what I mean, and the whore bit was entirelz on the assertion bz the old German guz that she, yknow, was all whorey and whatnot. She really wanted me to meet up with her tomorrow, but I managed to prevaricate as to my actual whereabouts tomorrow. Cause girlfriend was scary.



p.s. I'm on time limited internet, and plus the beer, and I so donät have time to fucking tzpe y instead of z consistentlz, so just fucking deal, a'ight?









2 Comments:

Blogger clara said...

yeah, my munich train station adventure was similar, except that i was trying to avoid kebab places due to lack of funds. i eventually (after two hours of wandering in the COMPLETE OPPOSITE direction of the cool part of town) stopped for one, and Damn! was it good. however NOTHING beats those dresden ones...ooh baby.

4/2/05 00:31  
Blogger Prophet said...

a little drunk are we? or is the y button just broken?

14/2/05 20:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home