Tuesday, February 15, 2005

I have offically seen every last thing there is to see in the city of Prague. Most of it on foot, and outdoors. To say that the weather was cold is like saying that the Flood was wet. Holy shit it was gorgeous, though.

But my family left this morning, and I'm back in my office with the free internet and the computer that makes buzzing noises. I'm totally fucking exhausted. There was a lot of stress involved in shepherding the family through the foreign climes, and there was major other shit, and I've been wound tight for days, and all in all I'm pretty damn depressed right now.

The trip was a lot of fun in a lot of ways, though; my parents are some of my favorite drinking companions, and we got to introduce my 15-year-old sister to some of the world's finest beers. One of the highlights of the trip was the night we spent with Jedno at U Svateho TomaĊĦe, a beer hall with a live Gypsy band playing. Needless to say, we got retarde-ed. Jedno probably got more insight into my background and upbringing than she ever wanted to.


Anyway. I don't know what's going to happen. But I'm apprehensive.
Everything's going to be ok soon
maybe tomorrow
maybe the next day
--The Mountain Goats, "Game Shows Touch Our Lives"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home