Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Computer issues

Ok, my computer makes a funny noise now. Well, not "funny" as much as "insanely annoying." It's sort of an irregular and very loud buzz, like a car that's on the verge of stalling out. Did I mention it's annoying?

Anyway, I think the sound is coming from the fan, because (a) the source of the noise is in that general area, and (b) when I give the computer a firm slap on the fan (heh!), the noise stops. For a second. Sometimes it goes away entirely for days at a time, but it always comes back eventually.

So. What the fuck is it? Any ideas? Although come to think of it, I'm not too sure that knowing what the problem is will do me any good, really.

But damn it's irritating.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tward said...

Sounds pretty much like you got it right. A bearing probly got dust in it and dried up the oil. Heh, talk to your ever-so-helpful IT dept there and have em replace it. Good luck with that, I would kill someone if I had to go without internet for a month.

3/2/05 00:42  
Blogger ridley said...

Aww...thanks, Tyler, I didnt know you read my blog. Yeah, Ill maybe try to start complaining about it to the authorities when I get back.

3/2/05 13:18  

Post a Comment

<< Home