Monday, January 31, 2005

I was sitting here kind of pondering stuff, and I realized that I don't know anyone that I think has better taste in music than I do.
And then I realized that everyone in the entire world probably thinks that. Because, y'know, you like what you like, and you feel justified in liking it. And you quietly judge others for failing to rise to the standards set by your musical taste. No one sits there thinking, well, I like this, but I wish I had good taste like [some other person] and didn't like it. Do they?

I don't know, maybe it's not everyone. Maybe it's just those whose arrogance KNOWS NO BOUNDS.

2 Comments:

Blogger clara said...

no, i envy your taste in music.

not that i wish i liked the stuff you like, because i DO. but rather i'm jealous that you know about and have SO MUCH cool stuff that i've never heard of! reminds me of sitting on your ghetto bed in your ghetto apartment in liberec, listening to emo music, and knowing that no one else's lives are as RAD as ours. hells yes.

ps: you DO need to get some more hippie music tho. you can never can too much hippie music. how can you do the hippie dance without hippie music? AND how can you live without the hippie dance?!

31/1/05 14:42  
Blogger ridley said...

See but you DO have good taste in music--you like good stuff when you hear it. I know what you mean though; there's lots of people whose knowledge of music I wish I had, as well as lots of record collections I envy.

And I'm working on the hippie music thing. Jedno introduced me to a band called the Old Crow Medicine Show, and they're hillbilly hippie 2 the Xtreme. Hell yeah.

1/2/05 03:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home