Thursday, January 20, 2005

I just finished reading a Stephen King book called The Stand. Stop judging me, I didn't have anything else to read and the satellite TV is in German. Anyway, it's actually a pretty good book--well thought out, three dimensional characters, some good descriptions. There's something about the way Stephen King writes, though; it makes me feel kind of greasy after a while. Just...this weirdly gross and obsessive atmosphere, I guess.
But other than that, there was one thing about the bood that just about drove me insane, and that was the fact that there were a frillion little tiny continuity errors. I started tweaking out about it after a while, like what were you thinking, you can't mention that once and never mention it again, don't you have editors? And really, I wonder about that: it's Stephen fucking King, at the peak of his popularity, no less, he couldn't hire a couple interns to tie off the loose ends? I mean, damn.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home