Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Reasons I love the Mountain Goats...

...and why you should too.

1. I drove up to Harvey Mudd and I played pinball
'till I didn't want to kill anyone

2. and I dreamt of a factory
where they manufactured what I needed
using shiny new machines....

3. I've got a great big secret written down somewhere
I've got a rosary to protect us both from harm
I've got a storage locker full of cow figurines
and a laundry list of grievances longer than my arm
AND I AM NEVER GOING BACK TO CINCINNATI!
ALL THOSE BRIDGES HAVE BURNED DOWN TO THE GROUND!

And one more, one that I've been playing umpteen times a day and I'm still not sick of it: it's called The Triumph of the Pigs That Ran Straightaway Into the Water, which is the first cool thing about it. The second is that the lyrics are about someone who doesn't want to go to Claremont, but deep down he knows he'll have to go anyway. Which totally remind me of all those times last year that we made that long-ass drive down to the Pasadena/Claremont area. I mean, we had some good times, but still, so much drama. But you're gonna do...what you wanna do/No matter what I ask of you

So yeah, I've been listening to the Mountain Goats a lot lately, and damn they're good...it's as if Ben Kweller got a little more acoustic, a lot angrier, and went through an agonizingly bitter divorce. I'm telling you, it's my kind of music. Also there's a ton of songs by them available for free, legal download in a bunch of places, like here, and here. So go. Go now. Seek them out, especially the above songs.

1. you're in maya. 2. palmcorder yajna. 3. commandante.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home