Tuesday, October 26, 2004

I'm shriven!

In yet another sign that nomikkh and I are karmically linked, I finally got my ass to confession on Sunday. It was officially About Damn Time, too...I hadn't been since right before I left the US. Not entirely my fault; in addition to the stomach-wrenching anxiety I feel about telling out my darkest deeds, they speak some crazy foreign language around here, so I have to go all the way to Prague and hunt down an English speaking priest. Finally managed to, though, at the Infant of Prague church. Like many times before, I dreaded it beforehand, and it turned out to be...totally painless. Didn't get yelled at or anything scary, and I felt so overwhelmingly relieved afterwards. Well, maybe not *completely* painless; I buttonholed the priest in the nave, so he just sat down with me in a pew....which was fine and all, except I've got the distinct impression that the giggling group of Irish girls a few rows up could hear what I was saying. Hey, fuck 'em, I hope it was educational.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home