Friday, September 24, 2004

Still haven't started teaching yet. The semester starts on Wednesday, and I'm getting increasingly freaked out about it...I'm still really unprepared, and I'll be standing in front of 30 hostile college students for 90 minutes at a time. The TEFL course I took kind of prepared me to teach about six bored middle managers...those fucking uni students are gonna eat me alive. I'm just hoping none of my students were at that one bar that night a few weeks ago, when I got seriously thrashed and, I'm told, totally humiliated my self. Gotta watch that--it's gonna be pretty fucking bad if my students are all "Oh hi, Professor...that you puking on the sidewalk last night, right?" Just one of the many perils of being basically the exact same age, stage of life, and maturity level as your students.

I really need for it to snow soon, so I can figure out how to go skiing. Of course, hoping for snow in this area is kind of dangerous, since we'll undoubtedly have snow out the wazoo in a few weeks. I'll try to hold on to my child-like enthusiasm for winter weather as long as possible...probably right up until the snow blocks up the tram tracks, and I have to walk 45 minutes to work. I'll get bitter about it then, no mistake.

Heh. Wazoo.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wavelet said...

college kids will be easy. the worst you have to worry about is them sleeping in class...

(oh, how i wish my students just *SLEPT* in class)

29/9/04 21:48  
Blogger Kitty said...

I hope you enjoyed your visit with Jedno. Now all you need to remember is that snow is fun, snow angels and ski bunnies. Enjoy your first week and show them whose boss. God bless, Kitty :)

1/10/04 00:07  
Blogger ridley said...

Aww...thanks, Kitty.

Wavelet: So, what you're saying is, college students don't do stuff like slide under the table in the middle of class...

1/10/04 10:01  

Post a Comment

<< Home