Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Life is chugging along

Ok, first, Hey Y'all Watch This is something you should go read right now this minute. It fucking rules, and it's by one of my best friends ever. I spent all of this past summer being a road bum with this girl. Eight weeks of road-tripping, in planes, trains, and a red Chevy truck, in close quarters and hardship conditions, and we're still friends. I mean, I think so. It's possible that resentment against my slovenly ways was slowly growing in her the whole time, only she didn't say anything because she's a SAINT, but I don't think that's the case. Anyway. Go check it out.

In other news...the job hunt is on like Donkey Kong, dude. So far I've gotten two interviews lined up. The contrast between them is striking; for the one on Thursday, which is for a huge Prague school, I had to prepare a huge fucking teacher-bullshit ridden application, and I have yet to prepare the 90-minute lesson on recorded speech that I have to present to them tomorrow. The other school, in sharp contrast, is not based in Prague, and they're totally desperate--they want me to come in for an "interview" on Monday, and start teaching Wednesday. Oh, and they give you an apartment. Fucking A. It's out of town, up in Liberec near the German and Polish borders, and I'm actually really considering taking it...Oh well, we'll see what it looks like. Say a prayer that I don't totally bollocks up either of the interviews.

2 Comments:

Blogger clara said...

of course i still love you! even if i had hated you at the end of the summer, the huge bag of...uh...girlie necessities you left would have more than made up for it. to all males in the reading audience: sorry for this reference, but i'll have you know THOSE THINGS AREN'T CHEAP!!! uh, ok. i'm gonna go before i say anything else i shouldn't.

1/9/04 19:02  
Blogger Unknown said...

sounds like a party...I think I hate job hunting almost as much as I hate Kareoke. But I'm sure you won't bollocks anything up, darlin'.

oh yes, and clara is a total riteous babe.

1/9/04 19:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home