Monday, July 12, 2004

Life's little revelations

Tea tastes sweeter than it is. Yeah, that statement sounds like it doesn't make any sense, but it's true. You take a sip, and it tastes sweet, but then you realize that it doesn't actually taste as sweet as it...seems like it does. No, really. It's like the tea takes the sugar and makes more out of it than it was before. I came to this revelation one morning while sippin on some black tea, and it gave me this little happy feeling inside all day. Things like that, like tea being sweeter than it actually is...it feels like the universe is trying to make up for being such a bastard all the time, by giving you a little surprise gift in a Kermit the Frog mug.

On the other hand, I was looking at my bank account on one of B of A's horribly bloated, error-filled pages, and I noticed with a dull sense of un-surprise that no matter when you make a withdrawal, even if it's at an ATM in a ghetto Mexican restaurant at 2 in the morning, it posts to your account right away. Whereas deposits take at least three days to even show up as "pending". Bastards.

1 Comments:

Blogger ridley said...

Hey babe...
Neither, actually...I'm in a small town outside Portland right now. I think I've been in every major city on the West Coast this summer, except for San Diego. I'll be hitting Prague on August 6.

12/7/04 20:36  

Post a Comment

<< Home